Almost spent too much.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Almost spent too much.
From: "Hal Faulkner" <faulkner@redshift.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 17:55:44 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well,

Friday we looked at a Bugeye.  Came real close to buying it but that last
$200 was the straw that broke the camel's back.  As we drove away we flashed
between being bummed out and realizing that the O (definitely would have
been a DPO) had done us a favor.  A straight body, solid with a rather
sloppy home brew paint job (lots of overspray, etc.), strong feeling 1275
and a nice tight transmission.   Oh yeah, drum brakes that work if your leg
is strong enough.  But lots of little things that would have come home to
haunt us.  Perhaps the clue was (or should have been) the missing bushings
in the trailing arms for the rear axle.  That certainly explains the clunk
in the rear end.  Or maybe it should have been the pre-installed hot wire on
the ignition switch, he had replaced the switch but hadn't bothered to
remove his little kludge. So rather than spending more than we offered him
to buy a car that needs quite a bit of work we realized that the car is
worth about $1000 less than we had actually bargained up to.

Still bugeyeless, but wiser.

Hal
mailto:faulkner@redshift.com