1275 Tech. Question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 Tech. Question
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 19:55:08 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Once again I would like to ask a question of the list.  I have noticed
that my Midget has a significant exhaust crackle and pop while
decelerating, it is most noticeable while coasting in top gear on a long
downhill run.  I assume that there is more unburned fuel in the exhaust
system when the engine is generating the same rpm from gravity without
the need to produce as much power.  My question is this exhaust crackle
and pop causing any damage to the engine, and is is possibly timing or
carburetor set up that is causing this. It is becoming more noticeable,
especially when the engine is not yet up to normal operating
temperature.

Along the same lines, my car has a very cold nature, even in the summer
the engine seems to take four or five miles to smooth out and run well.
Yet it starts without hesitation on the first spin of the starter with
only a little choke on the first starting and none the balance of the
day.

The air pump is gone and the exhaust ports are plugged, no noticeable
air leaks in the exhaust or manifolds.  Runs fine otherwise.

Thanks Again
--
Mark
1970 Midget