Re: Actually have Sprite question today (wasRe: slant six - was:oiladdi

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Actually have Sprite question today (wasRe: slant six - was:oiladditives
From: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 09:22:24 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
There is a front plate made for the Miata that folds down
into the "mouth" of the car when at speeds above 20 MPH.
Rather nifty... Cop stops you for no front plate and viola
plate appears. "Officer you shouldn't be working so hard,
you're seeing or rather not seeing things."

At 03:23 PM 6/2/99 -0700, Carolyn/Rick wrote:

> Hey Robert,
>
> That sounds neat a fold up plate.  That way when the cop pulls you over for
> speed'n you hide the plate and get a inside look at the county facilities.
> Maybe
> not.  "Honest officer I didn't know it folded up at 110 MPH, besides My
Bug-i
> won't go 110 Mph. Please don't send me to the big house."
>
> Rick
>
> RBHouston@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 6/2/99 11:22:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> Ronsoave@aol.com
> > writes:
> >
> > << I now need (technically) a front license plate in my new home
> >  state.  I don't have a front bumper.  I noticed Moss had a flimsy looking
> >  "plinth" in a specials flyer for $70 (NFW).  Has anyone made such a
> device,
> >  and could you describe it, dimensions if possible?
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Ron  >>
> >
> > Ron,
> >
> > One of the Hot Rod mags I was perusing last month had a gizmo in an
> > ad...Hinged license plate holder with an electric accuater.  When the key
> was
> > off it folded up under the car so as not to spoil the looks of the parked
> rod.
> >
> > Robert Houston
>
> --
> 52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
> 60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby
> <http://www.softcom.net/users/walters>http://www.softcom.net/users/walters
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/4644>http://www.geocities.com/He
> artland/Acres/4644

cheers,
Jim
99 Miata
60 Sprite
"If it's not a roadster, I don't wanna drive it"