Re: overheating water temp

To: soavero@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: overheating water temp
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:40:35 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

It is mandated by a local (Midwest) vintage racing authority
(VSCDA) that I must run straight water in my cooling system.
I can, however, add water pump lubricant and Water Wetter
(real or "home-made").

That is what prompted my initial question regarding my 7 psi
radiator cap yielding a 225 degree boil over point. I wouldn't
mind using a higher psi cap (if one was available) but am
unsure exactly how much pressure a Mk I radiator can handle.

I imagine the filler neck could be modified for non-LBC caps.
Has anybody obtained/used a higher psi-rated cap and used
it on the early down-flow cooling system?

Greg
'58 Bugeye

Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> on 06/08/99 08:27:28 AM

Please respond to Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>