Re: Just curious... Bugeyes vs Car Alarms

To: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Just curious... Bugeyes vs Car Alarms
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:32:40 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Tue, 8 Jun 99 18:21:44 EDT conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com writes:
>  A while back I recall two or three people made comments about
>driving
>around in their Bugeyes and setting off car alarms everywhere.

My 1275 powered Morris van sets them all to chirping as I drive down the
streets rather slowly.  It has solid state ignition and alternator.  Rick
Feibusch had a Morris Pick up that did all the same chirping of car
alarms.  Generator and points ignition.  I suspect it is the resonance of
the exhaust that does it, nothing electronic.

The static from old cars ignitions on the neighbors TV, etc,  is usually
from wire core ignition wires.

FWIW
Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com