Bugeye Fuel line / Fuel Pump

To: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Fuel line / Fuel Pump
From: Bob Frato <bobfrato@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:01:39 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On my 59' Bugeye with the mechanical fuel pump the fuel will drain out
of the fuel filter overnight.  Also when the car is running I'll get an
occasional air bubble going thru the filter.  Is this normal or is it a
problem?

The fuel system is configured as follows, hard piped from tank to under
the fuel pump - flex line - hard pipe to pump - hard pipe - flex line -
filter - flex line - hard pipe manifold to float bowls.

I've looked over the lines and check for leaks and really haven't been
able to find any - but in the morning there will be a strong smell of
gas in the garage.

Thanks,

Bob Frato
http://ahbugeye.com