Re: hoaxes and viruses

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hoaxes and viruses
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:39:17 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/12/99 7:54:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

<< Turns out it's real:
 http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/worm.explore.zip.html
 . so, while I have been exposed, I haven't been infected. >>

Yep, worm.explore.zip is a real virus.  Usually you will hear about the real,
major virus threats on the news before you get them sent to you.  I use MSN
as my home page at work, and they posted the worm yesterday.  And I updated
Norton AV as well.

I also must say that I appreciate the thought of whoever it was that sent the
warning to the list.  You obviously care about us and think of us as friends.
 I hope I didn't scare you off by requesting that you check a hoax page
before doing it again!  We need our listers!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport