fuel system mishaps...

Subject: fuel system mishaps...
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 12:32:56 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
well partly my fault, I got stuck somplace in the Sprite.... Seems that
there is alotta crud probably in the fuel tank, and I was going to run the
car dry to see how many miles I can get on 1 tank of gas, but as the needle
move to about 1/8th of a tank left, the car was sputtering and running
horibly... I of course left the "gas" key at home.... It has a lockable gas
cap... (stock?) so I was at a gas staion but couldnt get gas in it, so I had
someone find the key in my shop (no small task) and run it to me and I
filled up.... worked great after that... but I'm wondering whats the best
way to clean it out with the tank in the car... I imagine there are filters
galore in the fuel line... I Really dont want that stuff in my SU carbs.

any tips or tricks will be aprreciated as always... Im gonna go read the
manual :P

Thanks..

Toby