Re: oil-cooler question

To: James Kleemeyer <jkk@adams.net>
Subject: Re: oil-cooler question
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:01:27 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, James Kleemeyer wrote:

> I've had stainless steel  braided lines on many different vehichles (harleys
> to MGs to my current drag my tired butt to work 5.0 Ranger) and while I've
> never had a line fail, you have to be careful in routing them. They have an
> apetite for anything painted or aluminum. They will rub the hell out of
> anything they touch.  my .02  Jim K.

Since the ss hoses are screwed on rather than hose-clamped on, they should
be less prone to leak at the connections.
Also, if you use an oil thermostat (and you should), the one for the ss
hoses has a larger bore, so will mean a smaller pressure drop.

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9