Re: Calling All Midgets

To: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calling All Midgets
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 12:01:55 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I too have found Big Healey owners to be great people. The Atlanta AHCA is
full of great people. However, there is definitely a a "poor relation"
mindset, even though several of them own Sprites in addition to Big
Healeys. For instance, the first AHCA meeting I attended, mine was the only
Healey in the parking lot. Several members made comments to the effect of
"Oh, you have a Sprite. How nice. Of course, after a couple of years you'll
move up to a Big Healey."  As if I was just testing the waters or didn't
make enough to own one (ok, at least one of those is true). But, I pointed
out that I had enjoyed my drive over to the meeting and I asked how did
they like their drive over in their Buicks and SUVs. At the next meeting,
there were three Sprites and three or four Big Healeys in the parking lot...

---

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis