Re: Interesting (No LBC, but LC)

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting (No LBC, but LC)
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:42:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In Georgia!? Imagine that! The state that has the number 2 rated car plant
in North America (The Harbour Report, released this month)  - The Atlanta
Ford plant. There are a few other items of interest in GA, like having the
sole US Lotus rep, the Caterham rep, and I believe, the eastcoast Porsche
rep (at least their marketing div). Now you say that we make Panoz' too?

Seriously, the Panoz family has poured money into ventures in Georgia. The
family owns Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Chateau Elan, most of Braselton
(of Kim Basinger fame), and the Panoz Sports Car Co. Panoz is also the guy
who thought up and is popularizing the Petit Le Mans Series of road races.

I agree that the Esperante is pricey, but when you consider their
competition (Aston Martin, etc), they're a bargain. One of my colleagues
already has his order in for the second generation Esperante, whose release
should coincide with his retirement!

BTW, the Lotus Elise looks better in real life than in photos. Just wish I
could buy one! Wait a minute, put a 1380 into a lightened Sprite with all
the handling goodies- an Elise killer at 1/7 the cost! Now if only I could
afford 1/7 of an Elise!

Jeff

At 3:57 PM -0400 6/25/99, J. Adrian Barnes wrote:
> I ran across a company that makes cars in Georgia, of all places:

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis
Mailto:jboatri@emory.edu