Re: Shop safety

To: kturk@ala.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop safety
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:29:13 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/28/99 7:00:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

<< I stuck a Razor knife in my hand today and got to get carried to the ER to
 get my 5 stitches cause I was stupid..... >>

Jeez, Keith, I hope there wasn't any brain damage!  I think one of the
reasons they keep you so long in the ER when you have an accident is so you
will think twice about all the time you wasted by doing something stupid and
getting hurt.  Next time you will be more careful.

What's even scarier is when you see one of your kids doing something stupid
(especially around a car).  My oldest son was changing his front brake pads.
He jacked up both front wheels from the middle, under the engine, with the
floor jack, but didn't put it on stands.  (Which were all of 5' away from
where he was working.)  Of course the jack went over to one side and the car
came down on it's lower suspension parts.  Luckily the suspension is lower
than the brake rotors.  (No damage, no one was hurt.)

Now he knows to make sure the car is secure, even if it takes a little
longer, and I'm sure he though about what condition he would be in if he had
been under the car!  All you young pups out there, take heed!  We all do
stupid things, so learn from our mistakes.

Get healed soon.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport