RE: Shop safety

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shop safety
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:46:09 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Changed a flat on my Z 'bout 3 weeks ago.  The only jack I had was the
cheesy scissor jack that came with the car.  The little wheel chocks that
come standard with all Z's were in the Midget.  While the tire was off,  and
I stood there with my patch kit fixing it up, I hear a creep and bang.  Turn
around and see the car sitting on the rear driver's side brake rotors.

The blacktop under the jack gave out under the rear corner of the base and
down she went.  Jack and car OK, nerves a little shot from picturing myself
under there.

The wheel chocks are now back in the Z with my little 2 ton floor jack.
Lesson learned....

Michael

        __/__,_
|           Michael Graziano            |
|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
|         Fax:   203-552-5869           |
|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |