Re: Rear Spring recomendation

To: AHSprite78@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear Spring recomendation
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 23:41:29 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
AHSprite78@aol.com wrote:

> Just have one more question for the list.  I'm going to be replacing the rear
> 1/2 elliptical springs on the sprite here soon.  My question is, who has the
> best type?  I was thinking of installing either the moss 1" lowered along
> with the polyurethane bushings they sell, or the winner's circle rear springs
> ("these are duplicates of the original units.  There is one difference though
> - they are made by a spring company in England to outlast the original
> equipment springs" says the description in the catalog)  so it doesn't sound
> like they'll be chinese or korean junk or whatever.

Matthew

The springs are made by "British Spring" in the UK. But what they do not
tell you is that the actual metal used by British Spring company is made
in China, assembled by British Spring in the UK.
Peel off the UK sticker and read the chinese writting stamped on the
steel spring leafs.
I do not know how the 1/2 leafs are but the 1/4s are way over sprung.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ