Re: PCV valve on Cannon manifold

To: Geoff Branch <branch@valinet.com>
Subject: Re: PCV valve on Cannon manifold
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 17:26:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Geoff Branch wrote:

> I was about to start putting an PCV valve in my '74 1275 and realized that
> it has a Cannon intake manifold on it, with only one possible place to
> connect the PCV.  This on tap is on the forward of the two manifold halves,
> that is, feeding the front two cylinders.  My questions then:  Wouldn't this
> throw off the mixture in the front two cylinders?  And with a Weber side
> sucker I really, really don't want to attempt jetting the two sides
> differently, do I???  Does anyone know if this is a metric threaded tap?
> Anyone out there with any experience with these Cannons?  Thanks in advance
> as always.
>
> Geoff Branch

Geoff

I recently drilled 2) holes in my Cannon intake, tapped them with 1/8"
pipe threads, picked up 2 nipples to fit the threads at a hardware store
and ran 2) 5/16" hoses to a "Y" and then to the PCV.
The side sucker Weber seems to like this much better. At least I noticed
a much snappier accelleration.
This was found by accident when I put a Weber on my A40 that had 2 holes
and not 1 big hole like most intakes. I have since made this
modification to my Sprite.
I recomend it.

Plug up the large hole or scale it down to 1/8" pipe thread, drill and
tap the other barrel of the intake and put 2 fittings in. I used a 1/8"
pipe > 5/16" ribbed for a hose type fitting. Now both barrels suck the
same.
You can always plug up the new threads with an 1/8 pipe plug.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ