Temporary removal of bonnet release pull

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temporary removal of bonnet release pull
From: John Gottstein <gottstein@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 17:49:31 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
   I want to remove the vinyl covered panel  behind the radio console in
my 1975 Midget.  It's easy enough to unscrew, except that the hood
(bonnet) release pull keeps it from being easily removed.  Does anyone
know how to temporarily remove the handle without causing mach
frustration?  I tried to gently unscrew the handle from the rod it's
attached to, but that didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I tried to figure it out from the
Haynes manual, but it might as well be in French.

Thank you, thank you,

John Gottstein
--
"Leave the gun... take the cannoli."