Re: Fuel Gauge

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:45:06 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If the gauge always registers "full" when the voltage stablizer is
disconnected, then there would almost have to be a short in the gauge
itself, as mentioned in my previous note.  The voltage stabilizer is a
bi-metal type thing that is probably acting like a backwards "thermostatic"
fuel gauge when it feeds current to the actual fuel gauge, if the actual
fuel gauge is shorted out.

Bob