Re: thermostat issues

To: DRDohm@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thermostat issues
From: LBCarNut@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 06:18:51 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/6/99 11:29:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, DRDohm@aol.com
writes:

> I've traced it to the thermostat, and
>  would'nt you know it, I cant get the cover off. The nuts/washers came
right
>  off, any seal is broken.... but it won't move. It seems to jiggle a bit
but
>  thats it. It does'nt look like the bolts are bent so I'm not sure what is
>  holding it on. Any ideas.
The most likely cause is the studs have corroded to the thermostat housing.
Try heating the studs with a torch and see if that helps, or you can try
removing the studs by putting two nuts them and turning the bottom one, if
all else fails try removing the studs with vicegrips. When you replace the
studs use lots of neverseize on them or use bolts instaed.
Regards,
Peter S.
Charlotte NC