Re: Minilite & Tires followup againand again .Tires not rubbinganymore !

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Subject: Re: Minilite & Tires followup againand again .Tires not rubbinganymore !!!
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> where to buy new springs other than Moss or VB ??  What are the advantages of
> the panhard rod anyway other than eliminating axle hop.

Mike,

a PH rod will do nothing for axle hop (that device is called a traction
bar).  It is mounted to the axle on one side of the car, and to the body
at the other side of the car.  It is usually mounted level with the
ground.  This completely restricts the axle from moving sideways, but
still allows it to move up and down.
Higher developed cars with solid rearends have this standard.

I have the shorty bar from Mini Mania that is supposed to work a little
like a traction bar too.  See mine at:
http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/SpriteSusp.html

Other companies sell full length bars also.

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9