RE: Panhard rod question

To: "'Ulix Goettsch'" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Ajhsys@aol.com" <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Panhard rod question
From: Phil Vanner <philv@pclink.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:50:31 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have the Winner's Circle bar, and I like it. Oversteer is no longer a
sudden surprise, it's very well behaved at the limit of grip. Now I just
want to move that limit of grip a little further up the scale but that's
another story. No major modifications required, but it took patience to get
it in there as level and low as possible. Note that there are two bars from
WC, the quarter elliptic bar is longer and cannot be used on half-elliptic
cars, the spring is in the way. The trunk-floor bracket lines up
differently too. I had no problems with exhaust clearance on the
quarter-elliptic version, but the bracket is a few inches to the left of
where it would be on a semi-elliptic car, so I can see how it might
intefere with the tailpipe on later cars.    You have to drill a few holes
in your trunk floor and drop your gas tank, or at least semi-drop it. You
can leave the filler neck attached, and pull it down just a little, to get
enough clearance for the bracket. Do all the drilling from underneath.

It is slightly length-adjustable, as one side has left hand threads for the
heim joint.

Phil Vanner

Question:  Who has installed a Winner's Circle bar (or other full length
bar) and how do you like it?  Any major modifications to the car required?

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9