distributor

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: distributor
From: derfman <derfman@eatel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:56:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Anyone experienced with both 1275 and 1500 distributors?  I've got a
unit from a 1500 that I want to use in my 1275.  Physically, they're the
same, once you remove the 1500 adapter.  BUT, the vacuum advance seems
to work backwards.   Does the 1500 distributor turn backward(CCW)?  The
vacuum diaphragm has the hose mounting point on the opposite side, so it
pushes the sensor plate instead of pulling the points plate like the
1275.  Can I just use a different diaphragm that pulls?   Anyone got one
they want to sell?   Any advice appreciated.
Cheers,
Derf