Re: Free Midgets and Me (LOOOONG)

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Free Midgets and Me (LOOOONG)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:29:39 -0400
Cc: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
robert weeks wrote:

> I have a quick question about the gas pedal assembly in the RB midgets:
> Will they fit a CB Midget? I noticed when I was looking at a parts catalog
> last night the the pedals on the RB Midgets were welded to the arm of the
> throttle mechanisim instead of coming up from the floor. I had to remove my
> floor mount pedal because my legs are too long.

They are swapable. A bit of a bear in the early cars but nothing that
can't be fixed with a zap screw.
I think from 68 on they are a direct bolt on replacment. But on the non
collapsable steering column cars the outboard mounting point is in a
different spot.
Like I said, a self drilling screw makes it work just fine.
I have a RB gas pedal on my Bugeye. No more dirt in the floor hinge, no
3 little pieces, and no more cheap replacement gas pedals that pop off
either.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ