Best Head Shop?-Start the Mud flinging

To: "'JustBrits@aol.com'" <JustBrits@aol.com>
Subject: Best Head Shop?-Start the Mud flinging
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:59:26 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok Ed,
Since your going call me stupid (on the list), let me try to defend my
statement some what. (on the list).

1. If I had a bunch of head work done, I would not simply bolt it back on
and drive. I would very thoroughly wash it in a parts washer before it was
installed. And..
2. If I had major engine work done, I would change the oil in less then 500
miles and cut open the filter to see if it contained
allot of metal.  And...
3. I think that even if #1 was not done and you changed the oil in the first
500 miles and only then noticed that there was no filter, the motor would
not be "destroyed". maybe a little drop in pressure. maybe some crap in the
pressure relief valve.  But not "destroyed".

 But since the person had this work done for him, I wouldn't expect #1 to
take place. I would expect #2 to happen. I will concede that a motor ran for
many thousands of miles unfiltered will have a rather short life span. But
"destroyed" in a rather short period of time?

So in short, before you say "duh" about one of my comments to the entire
list again, you might ask me to clarify, or at least contact me directly to
infuse me with your obviously superior wisdom and intelligence. Otherwise I
might be forced to tell you to go screw yourself.