Alu frame for Midgets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Alu frame for Midgets
From: Mikkel Pedersbæk <mikkel@isa.dknet.dk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:11:01 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Listers,

I have just heard a rumor (no confirmation yet), that Norsk Hydro of
Tønder Denmark will strat produsing frames for MGB and possibly
Midget. It is the same company that makes the frame for the Lotus
Elise and Renault thingy (cant remember the model). The MGB model
should be aprox 150 KG lighter than the original. I have not heard
anything regarding the weightloss on the midget, but even 50-100 KG
will be signifcant.
The ultimate would be to combine it with panels from Sebring racing.
My estimates would be that a 150-200 KG weightloss would be possible.
Tune up the engine, shocks and others and this will be the closest to
flying a F-18 convertible 1 meter off the ground.

I will post more info when it is awailable.

Regards
Mikkel
---
Mikkel Pedersbæk                            email: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk
Dreaming of my own Midget MKIII  -  almost about to come true