High dollar Sprites

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: High dollar Sprites
From: BILL <billh@aaai.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:26:33 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
While at the Santa Rosa (Northern Calif) Concours show yesterday (no
spridgets just T-series & A's) I ran across a '65 Sprite for sale in the
parking lot. From a distance it looked nice and then I saw the price,
$8500! A slightly closer look revealed a poorly done wrinkle finish
dash, mismatched (but new) blue interior, right fender popping put at
bottom and rust bubbles coming through the lower rear fender. I didn't
even look underneath or at the engine. You really have to look closely
at what you're buying these days. Of course it probably didn't help that
had just finished judging some very well fully restored cars. Also saw a
red RB midget on an impromptu car lot on College Ave. in Santa Rosa.
Didn't have time to go back and look though but if anyone's in the area
check it out.

Bill Hunt
64 MKII - Herbytoy