Re: Insurance for midget, was: No key

To: Mark Vanderlinden <mavanderlinden@dttus.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance for midget, was: No key
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:24:35 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Keep in mind that the insurance I mentioned was ONLY comprehensive and towing.
I now raised it to about $7 every 6 months so I can have no deductible.  Comp
only covers things such as trees falling on it (who had the tree fall on their
car?), vandalism, hail damage, etc.  Anyway, that was from State Farm.  I just
added liability and uninsured motorist though, and it is around $200 every 6
months.  Collision would be in the neighborhood of $50-$100 extra every 6
months.

adrian

Mark Vanderlinden wrote:

>      I know I am slow, but I am just catching up.
>
>      How on earth did you get such a low insurance rate, could you tell me
>      which insurance company that is? Anybody else that has any good ideas
>      may throw them out too> My 69 Sprite is currently in restoration and,
>      when running, will only be used for weekend fun trips, (not much
>      thus).
>
>      On the no-keys issue: I have had my keys made by taking the cilinders
>      out and bringing them to a lock smith. I think it cost me about $40
>      for all keys (I only had the ignition key). The burden of having four
>      colour coded keys (in fact eight since I had two sets) exists, but I
>      am getting used to that quickly.
>
>      Regards,
>
>      mark
>
>      I just found a lock shop that'll come out to my house and make
>      ignition keys for $35 each.  Much better than what I was expecting!
>
>      On another note, I just got comprehensive (only) insurance on the
>      Midget I just towed home, and it's a whopping $5.64 for 6 months.  The
>      insurance guy said I should get it in case a tree falls on it or
>      something.  I wonder if I should report my busted windshield and
>      dented fender?  heh heh
>
>      adrian

J. Adrian Barnes, MCP
Business Information Group