Re: ATE THE NEIGHBOUR????

To: Kate & Gary Bales <kgb@clipper.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ATE THE NEIGHBOUR????
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:09:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The first week we moved into our home, my 3-legged honery tomcat (Puck by
name) decided to sun himself in my 78-yr-old neighbor's drive. She started
petting him, and no doubt he purred right back. Now, this cat was very
people friendly - to a point. Probably due to his lack of one hind leg, any
petting below the neck would cause him to roll onto his back and extend the
three remaining legs. For most people, this signals that kitty wants a
belly rub. For this cat, and for people who knew him, this was the sign
that all hell was about to break loose.

Another neighbor, this one from across the street, told me later that after
some petting, Puck had flopped onto his back. Then, after a little more
petting, more or less exploded, started up the petting arm, spent some time
in the head region, and laid waste the other arm on his way down to parts
unknown. Unfortunately for the victim, who we later found to be a very nice
woman, the other smart thing Puck had done that morning was yank his collar
and tag off (I found it later with the mower), so she spent some hours
wondering if she had rabies.

LBC content: The cat loved to sit on the rear bulkhead behind the seat in
the Sprite. He'd sleep right through any amount of my cursing following a
busted knuckle. He's now in kitty heaven, though, succombing to old age
after a life wasted on fast cars, women, and booze (He liked homebrew a lot
and tired to take the Sprite out without my permission several times
following a binge. Luckily the lack of a left leg kept him from working the
clutch pedal effectively).

Jeff

At 1:26 PM -0400 7/22/99, Kate & Gary Bales wrote:
> Mark,
> Shall we say that they didn't like him?  70+ sutures.
> Kate
>
> Mark Snowdon wrote:
>
> > Kate & Gary Bales wrote:
> > >
> > > I have full coverage through Farmer's, with declared value and UI
>that will
> > > fix/replace my car for 73.00 per year.  Car needed to be appraised
>and they
> > > have pictures.  This agent has been terrific.  You need to shop
>around.  Each
> > > office sets it's own rates.  Having 2 trucks, 2 cars, and a house
>with the same
> > > agent helps.  State Farm gave me 3 days notice that they were
>cancelling my
> > > homeowner's after my dogs ate the neighbor,
> >
> > There has to be a story behind this one.....
> >
> > Mark S.
> > getting more perplexed as time goes by....

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis
Mailto:jboatri@emory.edu