Re: downed spridget update 3

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: downed spridget update 3
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:39:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,
        Sounds like you found it. Couple of thoughts. A) There are some s*&%
rotors out there (sold some by accident) B) This doesn't have to be a
sudden thing.... if there is higher than desireable resistance "downstream"
(wires breaking down, plug gap too wide, etc) the high voltage will seek a
different path, like through the rotor, to ground. Any moisture will also
provide a path which, when dry, will become a track.
Good bit of diagnosis. Can do a lot with a voltmeter and an ohm meter.
        Now its just fix and drive!
Peter C
----