RE: Engine paint

To: "'Palmer Family'" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine paint
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:19:36 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've used regular old rustoleam, not high temp. I haven't had any
discoloration or fading. Moss sells a spray can of the correct color and I
don't believe that it's a hi temp paint. Should need to be. Just get an
enamel paint.
 As a side note- I've painted engines red, bright yellow, pink (in a black
Caddy), and Smurf blue. That was 302 in a mustang,  I thought it was "Ford"
blue, but the can was mismarked. It looked kind of cool so I left it that
way.
I've a photo of my 1275 on my web page. It's red with black accessories and
a yellow fan.