going fast up hill 1 mile at a time

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: going fast up hill 1 mile at a time
From: "cfchrist" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:03:04 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
yes there are hillclimbs in the poconos and not too far away aereas.  it
seems that there is a little problem with advertising these events as far as
spectators are concerned.  if no advertising is done then the responsibility
of extra insurance is waved, but if it is publisised....then it is
considered a spectator event.   now as a driver i am concerned about the
dwindling amount of entries.  my father drove hillclimbs,roadraces,and ice
raced from the mid 50's to 68 when health concernes side lined him.
hillclimb entries were 150-200plus back then.  now50-75 car field is what is
left in this aerea.  it is fun to have 4,5 and possibly even6 runs a day for
2 dats now to get your best time for your class.  but with out having a new
influx of owners/drivers it may die a slow and painfull death.  i heard some
uplifting news for the future that a group was going to look at some north
central pa. hills to be considered for future sites.  the remaining events
for solo1 scca/pennsylvania hillclimb assoc. events are  weatherly pa. and
durea in reading pa.  i also believe that there are 2 remaining events at
summit point on the jefferson course also.  not having a schedual here dates
escape me (sorry).  but there are 4-5 spridgets that show up from 1 event to
another.  and an array of other stuff too!  i can not stand to spectate
personally because it just teases me and i just get withdrawl after that.
but i do recomend that no matter where you reside you check out your local
scca or other sanctioning body for solo 1 events as they are quite
interesting and could use the public's support.   and on to crank
scrapers.........it is a device that is shaped to near the shape of the
rotating mass(crank/rods) which attaches to the block at the same place
where the oil pan bolts on. instead of continuing to bounce the oil around
tit controlls the oil being thrown in the block and assists it in returning
to sump instead of going else where first.  my best description here.   and
glyptol?  it works for the hot rod crowd.  reducing porosity of the surface
and allows oil to flow more smoothly and rapidly to sump.  if it
works?...dont knock it.   chuck.