RE: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?

To: "'Charles D. Sorkin'" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:45:54 -0700
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Your first step would be to adjust all the valves to insure that all are
closing properly.  Your next step would be a compression check. If that
checks out ok, you don't have any burnt valves. If you have low compression
you need to figure out where it's going. I've taken an old spark plug and
brazed an air hose nipple on to it. With this I can dump air into a piston
at TDC and actually hear where it's escaping. If it rings it'll blow by into
the crankcase, If it's exhaust valves, it'll be coming out of the exhaust
port/header/tail pipe.