Re: TWM SU Throttle Bodies

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: TWM SU Throttle Bodies
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:07:55 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry, fellow Spridgeteers,

The manifold and throttle bodies you mention for $933, and pictured in TWM's ad,
is for the Triumph and larger engines.  It's 1 3/4" which is far more than our
A-Series engines can use.  They may be suitable for a B-Series.

I spoke with Gary, owner of TWM this afternoon.  For now, they have no
intentions of producing a system for our engines.  Not cost effective.  Also, at
this time they have yet to dyno test an ECU for their system.  Meaning they
really aren't ready to sell complete systems.  However, he did tell me that the
cost would be $2400.00.  Their throttle bodies look great and I only wish they
produced a 1 1/4" or even 1 1/2", and that they weren't so expensive!

As I type, my Son is working on our car in preparation of installing his FI
unit.  We'll be using the SU's as throttle bodies.  Just finished fabricating a
temperature sensor housing out of aluminum to install in line with the radiator
hose.  Drilled a hole and welded a bung for the OS switch this morning.

I'll keep you posted on how things work out as we complete each of a number of
steps.  For those having questions, feel fee to ask.

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down.