Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:55:53 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List:

Thanks for the numerous responses about my problem with starting the Midget
while warm.  Since the temperature cooled off slightly, it hasn't recurred,
but someone also suggested that the premium gasoline might also be a culprit
wth vaporlock.  So I'll experiment with the cheap stuff.

Anyway, on the subject of the speedomoeter bouncing around, what is the
cause and solution of this phenomenon?  As mine does this as well, I checked
in the MoMo catalog, and was hardly surprised to see that the SMITHS guages
are not quite available.  Is the cure simply a new cable of some sort?

Its rather mesmerizing, that speedo needle bouncing around.  And the SMITHS
lettering is soooo... distinctive.  I was almost thinking of installing
replacement guages on the Pontiac!

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget