Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 21:00:57 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Anyway, on the subject of the speedomoeter bouncing around, what is the
> cause and solution of this phenomenon?  As mine does this as well, I checked
> in the MoMo catalog, and was hardly surprised to see that the SMITHS guages
> are not quite available.  Is the cure simply a new cable of some sort?

Charles

Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't but it's a quick, cheap fix
(remember, we tight) It worked on a friends MGA last week too.
Unscrew the speedo cable a bit, not all the way out but about 1/2 way.
See if this helps. It worked for me on my A40, one of the Sprites, and
that MGA.
It does not work all the time, some of the replacement cables are made
too long.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ