RE: Timing the 1275 ? (vac. advance with a sidedraft)

To: "'Richard Shipman'" <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Timing the 1275 ? (vac. advance with a sidedraft)
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:47:42 -0600
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Manifold vacuum decreases as your throttle plate opens. The dizzy wants full
advance at full throttle. if you use carb vacuum,the dizzy gets an
appropriate indication of the engines running demands otherwise, you get
less advance at full throttle, and more at idle . just the reverse of what
you relly want.
Mark Haynes
'62 Sprite XSP motor