bugeye seat belt mounting points

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: bugeye seat belt mounting points
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
And now for something completely different..

I'm installing a 'new' set of 3-point seat belts in my bugeye project, but I'm
not quite sure where I should drill the mounting hole for the shoulder point.
Apparently no seat belts had ever been installed in the car before, and I'm a
little reluctant to start drilling holes randomly in the body. The floor mounts
appear to be pretty straight forward, since on the floor it uses simple
eyebolts
(these are 'clip-on' type belts), but the shoulder attachment requires a
regular
bolt. I have a roll bar, that I may, or may not install, but I would like to
mount the belts in such a way so that they do not interfere with either the
roll-bar (if installed), and the top frame storage. I really don't want to
drill
these holes more than once.

Regards,
Bryan Vandiver