Bugeye buying advice

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye buying advice
From: Nory P <nory_midget@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow Spridgeteers:

Though I have three Spridgets, Bugeyes are not exactly
my field of expertise, so I need to pick the
collective brain of the list (makes us sound kinda
like the Borg, eh?).  Anyhoo, the following ad has
come to my attention:

--1961 "Bug Eye Sprite" Austin Healy, engine, body,
hardtop, extra wheels and tires, Best offer for all---

Now, this sounds to me like it's a car in a zillion
pieces rather than a whole vehicle, but I figure it
might be worth the effort if the body isn't too rotten
(especially in this part of the country).  I'm
thinking, just out of curiousity, I might go check
this out, but I have no idea what to offer for it,
assuming I'm correct in guessing it's a disassembled
bugeye.  I realize a rust-free body would
significantly increase the value of the whole package,
but a disassembled car?  And what if the body's not so
great and it needs a little work?  Or what if it's
useless for anything but parts - what would one offer
for a bugeye that would be parted out?  I'd really
like to go there armed with some idea what to offer,
or at least a range to work with.

Thanks for any advice you folks can offer.

(I hate to think what's going to happen to me if I
bring home another pile of British ju....... er, uh, I
mean .... British gem to "someday" restore....)

===

***The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail, as
before, to Nory@webtv.net
-----NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the ONLY
problem.