Re: Bugeye buying advice

To: nory_midget@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye buying advice
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:04:40 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
nory_midget@yahoo.com writes:

<< --1961 "Bug Eye Sprite" Austin Healy, engine, body,
 hardtop, extra wheels and tires, Best offer for all---

 Now, this sounds to me like it's a car in a zillion
 pieces rather than a whole vehicle, but I figure it
 might be worth the effort if the body isn't too rotten
 (especially in this part of the country).  I'm
 thinking, just out of curiousity, I might go check
 this out, but I have no idea what to offer for it,
 assuming I'm correct in guessing it's a disassembled
 bugeye.  I realize a rust-free body would
 significantly increase the value of the whole package,
 but a disassembled car? >>

Hi Nory,

The biggest problem with buying a disassembled car is knowing if its all
there.  There are some parts for the Bugeye that are very difficult to get if
they are missing.

You've been around the pub long enough to have had more than one Guinness, so
use your wits when you look it over.  To get an actual value, you'd have to
inventory the entire mess...not practical.  A parts car in unknown condition
but with all major components (engine, tranny, etc.) is worth about $500.  If
the body is straight and rust free, go up accordingly.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

p.s.  My spel chekr wants to replace "Bugeye" with "budgie!"  It's not a
parakeet!