Re: Cost of fixing Water Temp Gauge

To: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>, <gottstein@erols.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cost of fixing Water Temp Gauge
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:54:42 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The Xk's Unlimited catalog that I have lists them for $119.95, BUT, there is
a problem with the water tube connection. The catalog lists them as 5/8 UNF
male, which is what the Bugeye needs. I ordered one from them and what I got
was a 5/8 UNF FEMALE. I could not find an adapter to make it work so I sent
it back.

When I asked about it they told me that the catalog must be wrong and that
Smith's no longer made one with a male fitting.

I ended up getting one from VB and it works fine.

Beware that the new Smith's speedo  requires a clip-on cable and does not
have any place for a  highbeam/ignition/etc light fitting (neither does the
tach).

I purchased the Smith's speedo and had a cable made by PAS. I then had to
have it calibrated so that it would read correctly for the Bugeye. After all
of this, It lasted for exactly 10 miles. I gave up at that point and
installed a VDO electronic speedo and it works great. The only thing wrong
with it is that the 4" speedo only comes with a black bezel.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
Ever Wonder How Much Deeper The Ocean Would Be Without Sponges?