RE: Panels - AH Spares

To: ridleymj@bis.on.ca, mhanna@ball.com
Subject: RE: Panels - AH Spares
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sorry I'm just getting around to responding to this now, I hope someone finds
this of use...
I bought a complete interior from 'Sports and classics' about two years ago,
and
just got around to installing it in my bugeye project over the last couple
weeks. The entire set consisted of 'cut pile carpeting (trimmed edges), Leather
faced seats, and a complete 'vinyl covered panel set. The only panels that
didn't come prefinished were the 'door' pocket panels, since those require
using
the original brackets. The set also included plenty of extra material for
covering the dash and whatever. The entire set  was somewhere around $900, and
have noticed that they have run specials on this for less. They will make the
interior in any color you like, mine was done in 'buckskin tan' with dark green
piping on the seats. The original seat pattern was used, and the seat coverings
themselves were every bit as well made as ones from Moss. Except for some
snafu's in the billing, I am very pleased with the set. It cost about the same
as what you get from Moss, or VB, but it's also leather, so I think it was a
pretty good deal over all. If you wanted to save some $$ you could just get the
seat covers, and buy matching vinyl locally, and do the panels yourself (pretty
easy to do).
If you are looking for 'concourse' originality, then go for the one of the sets
from VB, Moss, or AH-spares. The set they have use the 'orginal' cheezy vinyl
(let's be straight here, the 'orginal materials' pretty much suck!) but they
are
accurate. I have personally ordered stuff from all the places mentioned above,
and found AH-spares the most pleasant to deal with, and they do carry the
orginal, 'green' interior (yuck!) if that's what you desire.

Regards -
Bryan Vandiver - 59- bugeye

BTW - I just bolted in the seats last night, and the whole thing is looking
pretty good. First test drive is tomorrow!