Shaking Steering

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Shaking Steering
From: Greg Mahney <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:02:03 +0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Would any one care to offer a diagnosis on the basis of this info... (or at
least a priority order for checking things).

Every time aI drive my 1963 sprite and reach certain specific speeds eg 24
mph, 46 mph, I feel a stong vibration through the steering wheel, like I've
run over a particularly rough bit of road.  When I'm not at those speeds it
is fine.

I'm sure it isn't wheel balance, as I've had them recently balanced and the
rears and fronts swapped, and the symptoms are identical.  The rest of the
suspension is anyone's guess - I've certainly never touched it.

Greg