Bugeye horn and clutch roller bearing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye horn and clutch roller bearing
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I'm calling on the infinite wisdom of the list again, with two more questions.

1) I can't get the horn on my newly restored Bugeye to work. I've tested the
Lucas horn
I have by just hooking it directly  to the battery, and it works fine. When I
check the
voltage on the two wires on the 'new harness' I have installed, I appear to
only be
getting about 7 volts across them with the horn button in. I have a new horn
'bush'
installed, and the contact ring was in decent condition, and I put a very light
coat of
lithium grease on it. My next set is to pull the steering wheel and try
shorting the
ring directly to ground. Any other suggestions.

2) has any one installed one of the 1275-clutch roller bearings?? I have one
that I got
from Winner's circle installed, and I was wondering if I was supposed to modify
the
standard spring pressure plate when using this roller bearing?

Regards,
Bryan Vandiver (59- bugeye)
San Jose, CA