Re: blown head gasket

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: blown head gasket
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:52:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan:
This might seem out of left field, as I am not looking at your engine, but I
have seen the front engine plate leak oil, and get blown by the fan up along
the side of the engine block.  It totally appeared to be coming from the oil
gallery in the right front where the head meets the block, but it didn't go
away when I changed heads, head gaskets, etc.  When a friend of mine
suggested the front plate as the source of the leak, I thought he was crazy,
but sure enough that's what it turned out to be.

David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon