Re: Cluster gear

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Cluster gear
From: "David Cooper" <mdghobby@vianet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:12:01 +0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles,
You are correct, 1st and reverse should be noisy due to the straight cut
teeth.
This is standard on most boxes using A-series motors.
I wouldn't be too worries unless you here noises in the other gears.
If in doubt, drain your oil and check for metal, or fit a magnetic drain
plug.
Dave Cooper,
Mundaring Hobby Centre
Email mdghobby@vianet.net.au
Web Page  http://www.vianet.net.au/~mdghobby
"Stay Sane, Get a Hobby"
----------
> From: Charles D. Sorkin <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Cluster gear
> Date: Friday, 20 August 1999 3:03
>
> Dear List:
>
> What is a cluster gear and why should I be concerned about it?
>
> Specifically, the Midget gearbox is noisy in 1st and reverse.  My
original
> understanding of this is that the lack of synchromesh is responsible.
The