coil/distributor wire

To: "majordome" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: coil/distributor wire
From: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:09:37 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi everyone,
Well tonight I discovered that one of the reasons the car won't start
 other than the starter is not in  the car right now either) is that the
wire between the coil and distributor is bad. I got a good reading on one
side of the ignition coil and not on the other or at the distributor. When I
just grabbed a piece of wire and connected it between the coil and
distributor I did get a good reading on both sides of the coil and the earth
side of the distributor. So I need to replace that little piece of wire
which is what I don't know:What kind of wire should I use. 12 ,14 or 18
gauge?or does it matter?Thanks, Carol.