Re: Drilled rotors

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Drilled rotors
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:46:06 -0400
Cc: gottstein@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, Ajhsys@aol.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A non-Spridget opinion:

My Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe is horrible on rotors.  Aftermarket
(ventilated) would warp in no time.  Factory bits almost as quickly.
Cross-drilled stopped better, but ate up pads AND warped fairly quickly.
They also "whistled".

I recently (8k ago) added ATE "Gas Slotted" rotors.  They've been worth
every penny (cheaper than cross-drilled, about the same as OEM). They
stop as quickly as slotted rotors, have not eaten the pads, exhibit no
fade on the track, and have not (yet) warped. I'm running Pagid steet
pads.

If you could find somebody to replicate the grooves in a Spridget rotor,
I'd give it a try.

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI