Re: exhaust bandage

To: davidr@sunset.net, eybdoogy@earthlink.net, jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Re: exhaust bandage
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 06:41:48 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/24/99 1:04:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
davidr@sunset.net writes:

<< This "We Cheap" stuff is really starting to bug me.  Why not just go to the
 local little guy muffler shop >>

David:

I agree to an extent.  I know the muffler shop guy is there and can go spend
the $20 or so to get something like that fixed.  But I enjoy the cheap
"fixes" because I never know when I am going to be out on the road and have a
problem one of these ingenious cheapies might fix for me.  At least enough to
get me home and then to the muffler shop.  Beer cans and clamps are a lot
easier to find than a muffler shop in the Mountains of East Tennessee on a
Saturday night.  I carry, wrapped around the center windshield post, a length
of wire I stripped out of a bread wrapper.  A couple of times my headlight
switch went South at night--I found by wrapping the wire around the three
contacts my headlights would work.  I installed a new switch, but the "we
cheap" fix got me safely home and through the period when the switch didnt
work.  In the big picture I agree--fix it right--but in the smaller picture,
I think drivers of these aggravation-prone cars need to know cheap and simple
"fixes" to get us home at times.

Just my loose change!!   8^)

--David C.