Re: Draught Excluder

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Draught Excluder
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:20:09 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:

> Has anyone purchased Draught Excluder (Door Rope) trim for the doors that
> they are happy with?
>
> >From whom did you get it?
>
> This stuff I got from Mini Mania is pretty poor. The clips are aluminum and
> they will not stay put as they have no gripping power once bent.

Most of the stuff out there is poor.
I bought a roll from the local glass shop, I believe it came in a 25'
roll.
Since my first purchase, I bought a couple more rolls from him.
It is not the fuzzy rope stuff but it works beautifully and actually
does keep out the draughts. It is vinyl snap on with a neopreme spongy
bulb. It compresses nice when the door is shut, doesn't look 1/2 bad and
is relativly inexpensive (we tight)
I have used it on a few Sprites, a Mini, and the A40.
Again, not concours but it works. (and lasts, and stays on)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ