Re: Strange rattling - could be the fan

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange rattling - could be the fan
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 08:02:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John -

It should be tight.  It's possible that the tolerance ring (A little
corrugated sleeve that makes the fan clutch a snug fit on the nose of
the water pump puley) needs to be replaced, but I'm guessing that it's
your water pump.

Loosen the belt, wiggle the fan again and see if the pulley moves.  If
so, it's your water pump.  If not, watch the back of the fan where the
fan clutch hides, if it wobbles relative to the pulley, it's the
tolerance ring.  Moss Motors part # 071-239, about $5.

Chris kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net