Spridgets Trivia answer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridgets Trivia answer
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:30:57 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, no one answered my trivia question about the Thackery washers I just
received.  And I learned that there are several Thackery washers in a
Spridget, even though I had never heard the term.

A Thackery washer looks like a locking washer with an extra turn.  It applies
spring tension to a bolt.

Two of them are used on the telescoping bonnet prop in my 1977 Midget, along
with a bolt, a plain washer, (then the Thackery and the prop), a spacer,
another plain washer, a locking washer, and a nut on each end of the prop.
(When I got my Midget, there was just a small bolt and nut thru each end and
it wobbled somethin' fierce!)

The other correct answer was the sun visors (which my car lacks completely).
Two people said the soft mount for Weber DCOE carbs, but they aren't standard
equipment for a Midget.

So the winner of the Spridgets List Logo Iron-On Transfer is...what the heck,
I'll send them to all six who answered me on the question.  Thanks for
playing.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport